Probate Courts have jurisdiction over the appointment and supervision of Conservators for minors. A conservator may be required if a minor inherits money or personal property not in a trust, when a minor has received an award of damages in a personal injury lawsuit, or when a minor is beneficiary of life insurance or retirement benefits.


Conservators must be bonded for the value of all income and personal property of the Minor. Conservators must file an inventory of assets, and an annual financial accounting.