EFFECTIVE MAY 14, 2020
To better control the number of people in our waiting area, ALL Georgia
Weapons Carry License applications will be by appointment only, NO
• Applicate must have on a mask.
• No extra guest & no children
• If you have to leave during appointment for any reason, you will
forfeit your appointment time and will have to reschedule.
• You must bring your Drivers license showing your current physical
Effingham address, and Gun Permit if renewing.
• All permits showing an Expiration date of 2/15/2020 until
6/13/2020 will be honored for renewal during the Judicial
• All new applicants are required to be fingerprinted on the same
day at the Effingham County Jail, after completion of application
process. Jail Hours are 8:30-ll:OOam & 1:00-4:00pm.
• $80 for New application, $36 for Renewal.
• Payment required- Cash (NO bills larger than $20}, Check or
Money Order (2 separate checks or MO for $72 & $8 if paying for
• Appointment times are 8:30am-3:00pm, Wednesday-Friday.
To schedule an appointment please call the Effingham County
Probate Court at (912)754-2112, Monday-Friday 8:30am-
5:00pm. Changes will be updated as needed.